2 Corinthians 12:9-10
Recently, my prayer time turned into a 40-hour unscheduled fast. During this time, God showed me me… versus His grace in my life. It was pretty intense and humbling as one-by-one my character flaws were brought to my attention. Yet as quickly as the Spirit of God showed me my shortfalls, I was immediately comforted with the greater reality that His grace was bigger than my failings. As my list grew, I wept, I was angry with myself, I was grateful, I was awestruck.
Permit me to be transparent. This is my list. You may identify with some, or you may have different issues. The point is you need to remind yourself constantly that “Nothing is bigger than the grace of God.”
Here goes: (Repeat this phrase as often as necessary and fill in the blank with your own words.)
“The grace of God is bigger than my _____________.”
Let me ask you something. Is anything bigger than God’s grace? Of course not. So, as we embark upon 2017, hope and potential is in the air. At this time, God is calling Believers to be Offensive, Advance, Reclaim, and Occupy. Before you engage with the calling of God, engage with His grace. Hebrews 12:1 admonishes us to “throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, so we can run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
Recognize also that it’s not “Grace + _____” either! Because as soon as you add anything, 1) You’re required to do it, and 2) You will fail. Ephesians 2:8 says, “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.”
As you proceed in faith in His calling, understand this. Truly, truly, any place in our life where we are repeatedly failing, is proof positive that we have not appropriated His grace in that area. “The grace of God is bigger than _____!”
“Agree with us in prayer!”
- Praying and Making Disciples at Zebulun!
- For the Brig/Prison ministry. Remember to pray for the guards, the inmates, and their families. Bind up spirits of shame, condemnation, and pride. And loose a spirit of salvation, discipleship, forgiveness, exposure, healing, deliverance, peace, and restoration!
- Against demonic attacks in the Brig, the Barracks, and in homes. Pray that Believers walk in increased discernment, wisdom, maturity, and power as we bind up the works of the enemy!
- For continued increase at ZCDC (church plant). Pray for mature families and permanent personnel to co-labor with us in the northern, remote area of Nago/Camp Schwab.
- For our Praise & Worship Team
- For our current Schedule, i.e. finances, resources, wisdom, strategies, & strength:
- Sun: Share/Report Christians In Action ministries
- Mon: “Radical & Relevant Academy” (R&RA) @7pm
- Wed: “Brig Christian Fellowship” (BCF) @7pm
- Thu: Publish “Think On These Things” newsletters
- Thu: Publish YouTube video (YouTube Channel: YahwehHasASon)
- Fri: “Sxxual Integrity & Restoration” (SIR) @9am
- Sat: “Zebulun Christian Discipleship Center” (ZCDC) @6pm
Pray and believe! And, believe and pray! Your prayers do make a difference.
Sandy and I remain focused on the mission at-hand – “Gathering Sheep & Converting Goats,” and “Catch, Clean, & Release!” Our desire is to share God’s love, salvation, truth, and power with all. We also strive to make disciples quickly and release them into the fields.
Grace & peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ! (Eph 1:2)
In His grip,
Pastor Nick & Pastor Sandy Guerra
To support the Guerra’s ministry click here – www.cinami.org/guerra